Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How We Got Our Little Miracle

Here is the story of our little guy.

We recieved word that a birthmother wanted to meet us after viewing our blog. We were so nervious, but just kept saying, be yourself. Saturday the 13th (yes this last saturday) we met the most remarkable girl we've ever met. This birthmom was so strong so smart and wanted only the best for her baby. Well as you know she wanted us to be the parents of her son. So we went home that night and just told our family. She told us she thought she was due at the end of December. We said ok we can handle that. I said I would get things started Monday morning on my day off. Well all that changed. Sunday night at 1:00 in the morning my cousin called saying the birth mother is at the hospital and is dilated to an 8. We got a hold of her mom who said that we will be having a baby within the next 24 hours. WOW is all we could say. So Monday morning we got up and started the phone calls. That afternoon we finally made it to the hospital to be with her and to wait for our little man. The doctor said the longer we can keep him in the better. He wanted to get 2 steroid shots in him to help develop his lungs. Again the amazing women she was she laid on her back  for 24 hours and as still as she could so he wouldn't come out. The hours went by and we decided to head to the place we were staying (which was across the street thanks Diane) and try to get some rest. Well Tuesday morning we get a call, "They just broke her water" so off to the hospital we went and about 3 hours later Hayden arrived. He was breathing all on his own (yeaaaa). So we rushed him off to the ICU and as you can see that is where he is and will be for a while. He is almost breathing 100% but is hooked up to the machine just in case. Everything looks great so far, he is a fighter. They said he will be there until his due date which is the end of January. I know that is way off from what she was told in the begining. He is 28 weeks old now. He weighs 2 pounds 12 ounces. We are hoping and praying he just grows like a weed so we can bring him home earlier than the end of January.

Birthmom is doing great and did a great job. Kyle and I can't say enough about this girl, how much love we have for her. I really hope she knows what she has done for us. I can't even imagine how tough this must be and how strong she is. There is a never ending love for her and will always be in our hearts.


                                                                 The Bone Family
                                          Kyle gets to hold his hand                                 
                                          Camille gets to change his diaper
                                          Camille holding his hand for the first time


11 comments:

  1. Camille
    I am so happy for you!!! I will keep him in our prayers!! Good luck with everything and congrats!!!
    Lisa Lyman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Camille I just cried when I read this, I am so excited for you two!! You are going to be the best parents!! Congratulations, I guess we need to plan a shower????? Your in our thoughts and prayers, hope this little man grows fast!!! Love you!! We will make sure to win tonight for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! We will keep all of you in our prayers. I've got some baby things you can have if you want them. Just let me know. congrats again Haydan is a cutie!
    Kam and Britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so neat!! Congrats!!! That is so exciting. :) We know all too well what those daily hospital visits are like. You guys are amazing. We will pray for your little Hayden!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don't mind me checking out your blog:) You guys are amazing! Talk about meant to be. Hayden is a fighter, at the rate he's going lets pray for home by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camille & Kyle this is Kirt Nunley. I saw your post on facebook. I'm so excited for you guys. Adoption is such a wonderful blessing. You guys will be so blessed and the birth mother too. Andrea and I will be praying for little Hayden and wishing all of you the best. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess he was ready to join your family. Congratulations on your little bundle. You are all in our thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH!!! I'm SO happy for you, CONGRATS!! I guess I won't be featuring you on my blog on Sunday like I was planning..but that's ok THIS is ten times better!
    Congrats again :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom, LaRane, just showed us your blog! (We're at Bunco! haha) I just wanted you to know how happy we are for both of you!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are very happy for you and wish you the best! We're glad you have such a great place to stay. We think it's the best place ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so excited for you guys! We are praying for you all, especially Hayden that he grows quickly and continues to do well! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete