Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Elk Hunt

Last weekend we were able to go on the spike elk hunt with my (Camille's) dad. I can't tell you how much I love hunting, camping, and this time of year. You couldn't put a price on spending time with my family. I grew up hunting right behind my dad. Literally behind him. I wish we had some pictures to show but if you seen my dad on the mountain you seen my sister and I behind. When we were little we thought we were so cool because he would let us carry his gun while hiking, little did we know. Just to help the old man out I carried it this time to. I'll never pass up a time to carry his gun, it will mean I am still right behind him. Now I wish I had someone to carry my gun sometimes. He had it nice. Now we just ride the roads and take little hikes with lots of mini candy bars and apples to munch on. I think that man hunts for the food and treats more than anything.
Well I made a deal with my mom, if she would tend Hayden at the trailer Kyle and I would go hunting with dad. She said deal. She doesn't do good in the cold. After the first morning I wanted to cancel the deal when we woke up to this.
Yes SNOW!!! We sat in the trailer for an hour waiting for it to lighten up. We would've stayed in bed longer but no dad had to keep opening the door and saying, we will give it a few more minutes. After an hour he decided to give it a try. Maybe it would be clear on top. So we got all bundled up, so many layers you couldn't move and headed to the top on the wheelers. Well as you can see it wasn't clear there either. So dad decided to make a fire to stay warm and give it an hour. Not much else happened that morning.


Kyle and dad (John)



We made a "John Fire" for those of you know what that is.


Buster even said it was way to cold to get out of bed. (my parents BABY)



Dad didn't end up getting an elk, but the memories is what will last for a life time. A big thanks to my dad for raising me right, to love the outdoors and how much family time means. I can't wait to show and do all the things we've done with our kids.
As you can see Hayden bug and grandma had fun at camp. It's a good thing she has a big trailer for him to play in. He was able to get a few of his 4 wheeler rides in and his camp fire time. 









No comments:

Post a Comment